In this video, you will learn how to open an Ethereum wallet. Please keep in mind that it's crucially important that you keep all your private keys offline to minimize risks of losing your Ether.
How to Open an Ethereum Wallet: Types of Wallets
- Desktop wallets
- Mobile wallets
- Online wallets
- Hardware wallets
- Ledger USB wallets
How to Open an Ethereum Wallet: Cryptoexchanges
Cryptoexchanges are not always the best option for you to keep your digital coin. They can get hacked and they can go bankrupt resulting in you losing your digital money.
How to Open an Ethereum Wallet: Desktop Wallet
- Visit MyEtherWallet website first. Then click on "Create New Wallet" button.
- Download the keystore / JSON file on your computer. Keep the file in a safe place at all times.
- Print out your private key on a piece of paper and then put it in a secure spot.
- Read "Welcome to MyEtherWallet.com" click-through stuff.
- Once you are done reading the educational materials, log in to your account by uploading the JSON file. Use your file and use your password to unlock your wallet.
- To send your Etherium to someone, click on "Click Ether & Tokens", then copy and paste the recipient's address to the "to Address" section, and click on "Generate Transaction".
- To fill your wallet with Ethereum, you need to click on "Buy Ethereum" button. Choose the amount of money you wish to deposit and provide MyEther Wallet with your email address. Verify your identity by providing MyEther Wallet with the verification code, then press "Continue".
How to Open an Ethereum Wallet: Deposit Ethereum from Coinbase
One of the easiest ways to deposit money to your Ethereum Wallet is by connecting your wallet to Coinbase. Please keep in mind that if you deposit Ethereum from your Coinbase account, you will have to verify your identity.
Learn how to profit off of cryptocurrencies and get your youtokens. Pay $4.99 for the course and get free youtokens (limited offer).